PERFORMING UNBIASED TRANSACTIONAL ANALYSIS IS CRITICAL TO CONSTRUCTING HONEST VALUATIONS.
Transactions involving changes in a corporation’s control can oftentimes create the need to obtain an expertly derived, critically thorough and unbiased Fairness Opinion.
A soundly crafted Fairness Opinion should:
- Focus on the interests of shareholders – without conflict.
- Analyzes all transactional terms and conditions
- Provides structural transaction alternatives
- Assesses all relevant business interests
For both corporate managers and investors the benefits of obtaining an expertly derived Value Defined Fairness Opinion are many:
- It can prevent a bad transaction from being consummated
- It can force the pricing of a transaction to be renegotiated
- It can identify the key value drivers of the transaction
- It can uncover potential hindrances to successful results
- It can eliminate or highly reduce the potential for future litigation
In short, taking this step can be critical to all concerned parties. Obtaining a Fairness Opinion is particularly advisable – many would say necessary – for the following applications:
- Bond Issuance
- Corporate Restructuring
- Director Disagreements
- Going Private
- Minority Shareholder Concerns
- Multiple Price Offerings
- Stock Transactions
Value Defined has proven invaluable to hundreds of investors and owners who are, in many cases, making life-altering transactional decisions regarding their personal and professional financial futures. This is not to be taken lightly and we know it. There’s too much on the line.
That’s why we highly recommend making the investment in a professionally executed – stringently independent and conflict-free – Fairness Opinion.