PERFORMING UNBIASED TRANSACTIONAL ANALYSIS IS CRITICAL TO CONSTRUCTING HONEST VALUATIONS.
Transactions involving changes in a corporation’s control can oftentimes create the need to obtain an expertly derived, critically thorough and unbiased Fairness Opinion.
DO YOU NEED A FAIRNESS OPINION?
A Fairness Opinion determines whether a specific transaction is fair. For owners and investors who, in many cases, are making life-altering decisions regarding their personal and professional financial futures, we highly recommend a professionally executed, stringently independent and conflict-free Fairness Opinion. There’s too much on the line.
A soundly crafted Fairness Opinion should:
- Focus on the interests of shareholders – without conflict.
- Analyzes all transactional terms and conditions
- Provides structural transaction alternatives
- Assesses all relevant business interests
For both corporate managers and investors, the benefits of obtaining an expertly derived Value Defined Fairness Opinion are many:
- It can prevent a bad transaction from being consummated
- It can force the pricing of a transaction to be renegotiated
- It can identify the key value drivers of the transaction
- It can uncover potential hindrances to successful results
- It can eliminate or highly reduce the potential for future litigation
In short, taking this step can be critical to all concerned parties. Obtaining a Fairness Opinion is particularly advisable – many would say necessary – for the following applications:
- Bond Issuance
- Corporate Restructuring
- Director Disagreements
- Going Private
- Minority Shareholder Concerns
- Multiple Price Offerings
- Stock Transactions